Obscure

The weather was chilly that night. Martin followed the mysterious character down the desolate alleyway.  There was not a soul in sight. He kept a safe distance, strategically pausing to brush off suspicion. Suddenly, the figure looked right at him. He froze in his tracks, unable to comprehend anything. The mysterious man fixed his gaze, and said, ‘’Come with me,’’ and continued walking. He followed the man, now quickening his pace.

Martin found himself in a huge well lit room with no furniture, except a long table with nothing on it.  The mysterious man said, “My name is Gabriel.”

Martin looked at Gabriel intently, with inquiring eyes. He wondered where he was and what the man wanted from him. As if Gabriel had read his mind, he said, “You must be wondering why I brought you here…”  Martin nodded in agreement.

Gabriel started talking about how he was going to need an inside person at Martin’s big workplace. How it was essential to his plan. What Martin noticed throughout this entire speech of Gabriel’s was that he kept mentioning a very secret ambition of some sort.
“…and I need you to do exactly as I tell you when the time comes.” Martin agreed because he knew he had no choice. Little did he know that all this was in his head. There was no Gabriel. It was just Martin’s split personality taking the form of Gabriel.

         The next thing he knew, Martin found himself in a hospital bed, handcuffed to the bed.  He knew something was wrong.

          I sat in the chair next to his hospital bed, watching my brother drift in and out of an uneasy sleep. What happened next startled me out of my skin.

Martin slowly opened his eyes, and started talking. He didn’t sound normal. His voice was deep and threatening, his eyes still closed. He was saying things like “I knew you were worthy of this…” and “Good job, Martin.”

        Being his brother, and his best friend, I know Martin really well. I have always known that he has a split personality and that he struggles with it through life. What I didn’t know was that he had now created an elaborate story with a different character, and a complete plot. This scared me. It had never happened before. There were times when he would slightly change character and put on what my parents thought were skits, but I knew they were just his personality disorder. I hadn’t told my parents about this because they would not take it well. And there was no way I could tell them now because they were old, and after what had happened with the attempted bombing at the mall, there was no chance I could tell them.

        So I helped Martin escape from the hospital. They were going to arrest him if I didn’t. I had no choice. I couldn’t let my brother get arrested. 

I watched my brother drive away. I would probably never see him again. But I had to do what was best for him. He isn’t a danger to society. So I let him drive away.

Goodbye Martin.

 

 

 

Comments

  1. best thing i ever read. this is so good. you should be a writer. maybe listen to your friend who keeps telling you that you're really really good at writing stories and songs. how bout you listen to her. yep okay thanks. send me your book as soon as it's published. thank you okay. don't forget me when you're famous. goodbye writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a good storyyyyy i love it. keep writing!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ikr i agree it's vry nice...pls contnue writing more stories..

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOHOHOHO DEEKSHA AND ALL WRITING STORIES AND ALLLL. TOO MUCH. DEATH ONLY

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do u write such gud stories.....pls teach me..

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHEN WILL YOUR NEXT STORY BE OUUTTTTTT????? I SHALL THROW A PARTY WHEN IT'S PUBLISHED *insert dancing emoji*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this was so good. You can continue it and make it a book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow awesome . Keep writing . No wonder you get top scores in English. ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEXT STORY!!!
    HAHAHA😀😂👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really good Deeksha. You should listen to your friend and become a writer! And don't forget to give me your autograph when we meet next. Once you become famous, you might not remember me! Good luck...keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'MON DEEKSHA LET'S GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! LET'S MAKE THE PARTYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, the tension!! Good job creating it.
    Reminds me of a thrilling web series I saw. Go on, you create a nail biting thriller too... this is a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this is so good bestie. Make it a book lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. bestie i love it. so thrilling <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. POPS GORL DEEKSHA TOO MUCH DEATH. DOOMSDAY VIBES JUST LIKE ME 😉

    ReplyDelete
  15. PLEASE DON'T BLOCK ME I'M NOT SPAMMING NO OF COURSE NOT PPSSHSHHTHTTT 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IN CASE SHE BLOCKS ME, EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SPAM ON BEHALF OF ME 😭

      Delete
  16. Awesome
    Loved it
    Keep writing
    My guess was ryt that u have so many talents hidden in yourself .keep trying new things
    Keep gng deek
    All the best !!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This gave me the chills!!! SO PROUD OF YOU KEEP GOING ⭐

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was amazing 🤩 my mind is blown!!!! your writing is beautiful, u make me wanna start writing 😝

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations. Keep going. All the Best Deeksha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. chills. literal chills.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nicely written Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH. MY. GOD....... I never knew you were so good at writing stories like W O W..... I swear to god you can be a fantastic writer..... This was an amazing story... Well done! 😌👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment